Monday, November 8, 2010

Creating Genre Pieces

The process of creating the genre pieces for our MGRP was overwhelming. I actually started two pieces before discarding them and waiting another day.  Once I finally got a flow going, the creative side of me took over and I ended up really enjoying creating the pieces and choosing which information to incorporate with each distinct genre. At first I wasn’t sure how to choose which parts of the research paper to incorporate into the genres.  Should I decide exactly which information to use first or decide which genres I would like to use first?  I ended up choosing my genres first and I feel like that was a good choice. Our paper was divided nicely with headings which made selecting material to use so much easier.  My fourth grader was intrigued with my writing of a children’s book and enjoyed naming the main character and giving me some of his ideas. He is even cited as a co-author! I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s presentations and seeing all of the different genres we come up with collectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment